Sunday

Fuck Cancer



This is what my scalp cancer (Melanoma) looked like about 2 weeks before I saw my dermatologist and a month before my surgery (January 2013).


cancer1

When I received the diagnosis of melanoma, at age 66, I was at my home in Rosemary Beach, FL. You see, At the age of 70, my Mother finally succumbed to breast cancer. My Dad was diagnosed with skin cancer at age 65 and died of kidney failure at age 94.  

On my own, I cried. In my prayers, I asked God to "Please let me live. I have found such happiness and fulfillment with my sweetheart. If I am to die, thank you for what I have enjoyed and please be with her to find her own happiness as I wait for her to join me again."

God heard my prayers. We got the lab results back & we are in the clear. I am so blessed. If any of you out there reading these words get such a diagnosis, or if I do again, say your prayers of thanks and await heavenly reunion. If you/I pass muster this time, adjust your life for what you learned - life in this world is ephemeral; in the next it is eternal. Be thankful and patient with your comfort that God and your earthly fellows love you! 

Earthly anxiety be put in perspective.

cancer2

I still work even while waiting for surgery! Edit, Edit, Edit!

-Cym



10 comments:

  1. I'm so happy your labs came back clear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that must have been intense! I'm so glad you recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the results were good!! take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear the labs were clear -- take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news on the path report. Must have been a stressful time for you and your family. Take care, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Cym,

    I am so happy to hear your news! My husband was diagnosed with a rare form of skin cancer a few years ago and I know how frightened I was. I pray daily for his ongoing safety. I pray not only for your health but also that you will continue to feel God's peace and presence during this time!

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, fuck cancer. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you will be in a good shape and may be you should sleep a lot! ;p

    ReplyDelete